Kechris Winery is one of the most traditional family wineries of northern Greece. It all began in 1911, when Evangelos Kechris bottled wine, introducing to the Greek market glass bottles imported from the USA.
In 1954 the company gets its resent form, as a modern winery-distillery under the name of "Kechri Bross". In 1972, Kechri products cross the Greek borders successfully and in 1984 the traditional liquers "Doriki" are born. By that time the company is directed by Stelios Kechris. He studied chemistry in the university of Thessaloniki, Greece and in 1978 he obtained an Oenology degree from the university of Dijon.